So, 2 posts in 2 days. Crazy isn’t it? This is something I have been thinking about for a while. Paying someone else to paint your mini’s for you. There are a lot of commission painters out there, such as Kerry at War Painter Studio. Most of these people have comparable pricing and are things that I could afford. Not all at once of course, but slowly over time.
And alot of these painters are amazing, with skills that far exceed mine. Of course, my skills are crap BECAUSE I don’t paint or have not painted much. Hehehe. I realize this.
So I have been considering having someone paint my minis. Why? Several reasons:
1. I got the game to PLAY the game, not really to paint. Conversly, I can’t stand seeing a nicely painted army against my STEEL TROLLS.
2. I have nearly zero patience for things like painting
3. I have nearly no time to do this. I have 2 days off a week and generally have errands to do
4. I am a wee bit of a perfectionist and get really bothered when things dont go my way
Of course, there are a few benefits to painting on my own.
1. I get the satisfaction that I did it. That these are MY trolls painted by MY hand.
2. Practice makes perfect!
3. If someone goes WOW I can say “Yup I did it” and get a confidence boost.
So there are pro’s and con’s to any choice.
What do you all think?